Future You: A Collection of Short Fiction + Art
Future You is a collection of short fiction and original artwork by Los Angeles-based writer Nada Alic and artist Andrea Nakhla.
A follow up to their 2014 debut, this collection explores the internal landscape of six different characters who are really trying to get this whole life thing right. (Spoiler: they don’t!) Each character constructs their own coping mechanisms against such enduring and universally recognized trauma as: the beginning, middle and end of love. Such mechanisms include activities like: dance, spirituality, nudity, secrets, lucid dreaming and online chatrooms.
At it’s core, Future You is an examination into all of our most tender parts: the parts most often rejected, most readily discarded, most easily substituted for a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ attitude towards life. In almost-painful contrast, all of the characters of Future You share an uninhibited desire to belong, to be loved, and to be seen.
- Nike Women @ Nordstrom Century City
- Skylight Books
- Pop Hop
- SOOP SOOP
- Bad People Space
- Nasty Gal Interview
- Urban Outfitters Interview
- Metatron: The Unbearable Hotness of Being
- People of Print
- Westwood Westwood “Top 5 Zines”
- CleverLA Interview
- Cover Junkie
- Society6 Interview
- Storychord: Francis Forever
- Resident Launch Party: Future You II
- Cool Hunting Interview
- Ooga Booga: FORYOURART Artist Books & Cookies Show
- The Rumpus Review
- Warehouse Acropolis Launch Party: Future You